The essential handbook for every quilter at every level of expertise.
Quilting is enjoying a renaissance as consumers seek value but still want high-quality hand-crafted items. The Complete Book of Patchwork, Quilting & Appliqué is the one book that covers every quilting process and answers virtually every technical question. It features an extensive full-color gallery of amazing quilts from around the world, a concise history of quilt design and 1,000 step-by-step illustrations that detail design and construction techniques.
The creative and concise guidance from Linda Seward instills confidence in the beginner and gives new inspiration to the experienced quilter. She covers such topics as:
- Essential equipment and techniques
- Working with colors and fabrics
- Preparing, cutting and pressing fabrics
- Hand and machine sewing and piecing
- Drafting patterns, joining and setting in pieces
- Hand and machine appliqué
- Borders, binding, edging and cording
- Cut-and-sew, inlay, reverse and shadow appliqué
- Hand quilting, including advanced stitch designs
- Special techniques, such as curved seams and tie quilting
- Small projects, clothing and caring for and hanging quilts
Dozens of patterns and ready-to-use templates cover traditional, modern and advanced designs and patterns, and an A to Z glossary of quilting terms rounds out this comprehensive handbook.
The Complete Book of Patchwork, Quilting & Appliqué is the essential reference for the thousands of hobbyists who quilt, appliqué and engage in other needle crafts. An outstanding value, this book will become the most-used resource for any quilter.
|Publisher:||Octopus Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||10.53(w) x 10.39(h) x 0.71(d)|
About the Author
Linda Seward is the author of 10 quilting books, including Country Quilts and Successful Quilting, and she is a contributing writer and designer to several American and British magazines. She lives in London, England.