Combining the author's Handbook of Equipment Leasing with the tools from his Complete Book of Equipment Leasing Agreements, Forms, Worksheets, and Checklists, this comprehensive volume provides the legal, financial, and business background essential for evaluating, negotiating, and documenting successful equipment lease transactions. This invaluable resource for lessors and lessees answers questions like:
* How does the leasing marketplace really work?
* What is the best way for a company to solicit lease bids?
* What economic and tax risks does a lessor face?
* When is leasing a poor choice?
The book also addresses crucial issues like profit strategies, forming and running a leasing company, and the leasing of equipment in the growing international market."
|Product dimensions:||4.71(w) x 7.17(h) x 1.04(d)|
About the Author
Richard M. Contino, Esq. (White Plains, NY) is the author of several books on equipment leasing and business financing. He is the managing partner of Contino & Partners, an equipment-lease and business law firm.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Reference Text
1. The Fundamentals of Equipment Leasing
2. The Proposal Stage- Where the Leasing Deal Is Made
3. Negotiating the Lease Document
4. Closing The Lease Financing
5. Tax Advantages in Lease Transactions
6. The Minimum Tax’s Role in Leasing
7. How to Cope Successfully With The Tax Lease Rules
8. Advantages and Risks of Leveraged Leasing Decisions
9. Financial Analysis of Leases
10. Understanding the Lease Accounting Rules
11. The Business of Leasing Equipment
12. Equipment Leasing In International Markets
13. The Equipment Leasing Laws Under the Uniform Commercial Code
14. The Bankruptcy Rules for Leasing
15. Equipment Lease Terminology- The Definitions
Part II: The Forms
Amendment to Lease Documents
Bill of Sale Documents
Casualty Value Schedules
Certificates of Acceptance
Corporate Secretary Certification Documents-Lessee
Deficiency Agreement Documents
Landlord Waiver Documents
Lease Agreement Documents
Leveraged Lease Documents
Marketing Documents- Lessor
Opinions of Counsel
Participating Agreement Document
Prohibited Lender Assignee Schedules
Promissory Note Documents
Proposal Documents- Lessee
Purchase Order Documents
Request for Lease Quotations
Termination Value Schedules
Tax Indemnity Documents
Trust Indenture/Security Agreement
Vendor Agreement Documents
What People are Saying About This
IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine: "The book is comprehensive, covering many situations on both sides of the deal, which makes it useful to both the lessor and the lessee."