Artists who love manga will find this book to be an indispensable reference for learning and mastering the popular drawing style. Combing the comprehensive detail of an illustrated manual with the classroom-style benefit of video tutorials, The Complete Guide to Drawing Manga is the ultimate learning tool for artists of any ability. Readers will find:
• Essential drawing principals based on proportion and anatomy
• Character development through costume, props, setting, and details
• Methods for rendering artwork in different mediums (including digital)
• An inspiring gallery of characters to demonstrate the various styles
• QR codes and URLs to 28 two-minute videos that enhance the book's contents
With the combination of video demonstration and detailed text and illustration, both beginning and advanced artists will find a wealth of suitable techniques to take their manga to the next level. More than 500 color illustrations.
About the Author
Sonia Leong is a renowned professional manga artist and illustrator. Her art has been featured internationally in more than 80 publications including magazines, comics, graphic novels, art books, film, and TV.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I just bought today and I happen to stumble upon it when I was looking at another manga book for beginners to see if I really wanted it and if it had enough detail and ten this book appeared, I started looking through it and was like this is exactly what I need, I already know how to draw its just that I need to polish my skills and I wanted to see if I could improve since I only taught myself and thus the book provided so many examples and carefully wrote it out and I say it is a really good book, very thick too.