For more than two decades, readers have turned to the Complete Guide to Symptoms, Illness & Surgery as an accessible, comprehensive and easy-to-use resource for diagnosing, understanding and treating illness- from the common cold to cancer or heart disease. With up-to-date information on new medical therapies, drugs, and surgeries- like gastric bypass and rotator cuff repair-this authoritative guide features:
- Illustrated surgeries and medical procedures
- Advice on general medical topics from diets and self-examinations to immunizations and the safe use of medicine
- Explanations of causes and risk factors
- Information on complications and outcomes
- Diagnostic tests
- When to call your doctor
Now with a CD-ROM that includes:
- More than 100 topics on women's illness and surgery
- Overviews of more than 50 general health and medical issues from Antibiotic resistance to dietary supplements to living wills to choosing a weight loss program
- Rehabilitation after surgery or injury
- Detailed anatomy illustrations
- Resources: Websites and support organization
|Publisher:||Penguin Publishing Group|
|Series:||Complete Guide to Symptoms, Illness, and Surgery Series|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 2.50(d)|
About the Author
Stephen Moore, M.D., is a family physician and Kenneth Yoder, M.D., is a surgeon.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I loved this book. It is extremely helpful and reassuring. I even bought a copy of it for my mother.
Excellent source for yourself and your children. We refer to the book weekly with the hurts and woes of our family. It actually helps us relate our symptoms to our doctor for better results and fills in the gaps left by doctors. A must for parenthood!