Makes stitching a cinch!
This is the essential reference book for anyone interested in needlepoint embroidery, quilting, sewing, knitting, crocheting, and many other crafts. With 800 pages of information and projects, this book is the ultimate how-to book. For beginners and experts, this resource shows the best way to choose fabric, create blocks and patchwork quilts, use appliqué techniques, and use a sewing machine. It's also great for batting, backing, and basting. Readers will have many options and ideas at their fingertips for finding the project that suits their needs, how to start it, how to finish it, and what to do if they make a mistake along the way.
• Tools and techniques for embroidery, designing patterns, handling special stitches, and monogramming
• Tips and tricks for needlepoint stitches, creating designs, adding flair, and finishing the needlepoint canvas
• Recommended yarn and needle primers for knitting, casting on, purling, binding off stitches, increasing and decreasing, troubleshooting, adding color, and fixing common problems
• Crocheting tools and stitches, creating an afghan, adding color, reading patterns, shaping, handling specialty stitches, and more
• Basics of sewing including working with the machine, working with fabric and patterns, seams, basting, buttons, zippers, hems, and more
• Includes patterns for making afghans, hats, window treatments, pillows and more
• An excellent value for anyone who wants to learn more than one craft
• Features both instructional/how-to content and project patterns that even beginners can make
|Series:||Complete Idiot's Guide Series|
|Product dimensions:||7.34(w) x 9.08(h) x 1.66(d)|
About the Author
Laura Ehrlich, author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Quilting Illustrated, has been teaching quilting for 20 years. In addition to creating hundreds of quilts, many of which have been featured in New York galleries, she also pieced and quilted a section of the AIDS quilt.
Gail Diven is a freelance needle arts designer, specializing in knitting, crochet, and fabric designs. She served as knitting editor for Vogue Butterick Company and is an author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting and Crocheting Illustrated.
Mary Ann Young, the author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Needlework, is an accomplished needlecraft expert and interior designer who has appeared in Martha Stewart Living, on Martha Stewart Living TV, and in Martha by Mail, as well as Better Homes and Gardens and County Living.
Lydia Wills is a New York-based literary agent who sidelines as a seamstress, specializing in home accents, elegant dresses, and fancy pajamas.