Here is the most comprehensive introduction to and explanation of the most infamous crime organization in history. Completely updated with more than 70 pages of new material and photographs, it includes information about the shifts in power and tightening of ranks of different families after convictions of their key members; new inside information on the role of the families in Chicago, Boston, Las Vegas, Rochester, and even Montreal; and updates on the DeCavalcante family who bragged they were the real Sopranos on FBI wiretaps.
• More than 70 pages of new material
• Full of dramatic anecdotes and photos about everything from Capone to Gotti and beyond
• Written by acclaimed expert author and reporter of all things Mafia in his weekly online column “Gang Land” (www.ganglandnews.com)
About the Author
Table of Contents
I. THE ORGANIZATION.
2. Making the Mafia Grade.
3. The Mafia's Commission.
4. Five Families Carve Up the Big Apple.
5. Mafia Families Poison the Northeast.
6. From the Windy City to the City of Angels.
7. Mafia Up North, Mafia Down South.
II. MAFIA AT WORK.
9. Gambling Makes Mobsters Smile.
10. Mafia Puts the Squeeze on Unions.
11. Dealing Drugs.
12. La Cosa Nostra Builds Las Vegas.
13. No End to Mob Rackets.
III. AMERICA OPENS ITS EYES.
15. Mafia Starts to Feel the Heat.
16. Falling In Love with the Mafia.
17. Lights, Camera, Action for a Mafia Star.
IV. LA COSA NOSTRA STARTS ITS FALL.
19. Feds Full Court Press Against the Mafia.
20. Feds Pressure Union Reforms.
21. Wiseguys Start Spilling Their Guts.
V. BATTLE HYMN OF THE MAFIA.
23. Big Troubles for the Gambino Family.
24. Mob Wars Cripple the Colombos.
25. The Joe Bananas Split.
26. The Canadian Mob Hits.
Appendix B. A Word About Mafia Nicknames.
Appendix C. Further Readings.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This book provided plenty of information about La Cosa Nostra. Not only was it pack with stories about the mobsters, but it also explained the hierarchy of the mafia and the different ways they opperate. I highly recomend this book if you wanted to learn the mafia.