Don't know how to brew? Now you do! Who better to learn from than the founder of the American Homebrewers Association!? Charlie has been handcrafting beer for longer than most of us have been drinking it.
The Complete Joy of Homebrewing is the essential guide to understanding and making beer, from stouts, ales, lagers, and bitters, to specialty beers and meads. Everything to get started is here: the basics of building a home brewery, world-class proven recipes, easy-to-follow instructions, and the latest advancements in brewing. Master brewer Charlie Papazian also includes the history and lore of beer, the science behind brewing, and tips on how to create your own original ale.
This completely revised and updated edition includes:
- An expanded and updated homebrew recipe chart: How to brew 53 traditional beers
- A Beer Styles chart with easy-to-understand descriptions of key flavor and aroma characters along with homebrew technical data to make your own recipe formulations
- A list of more than 75 beer types describing strength, hop aroma, bitterness, flavor, color, sweetness, and alcohol percentage
- Expanded charts on 68 hop varieties, descriptions, and uses
- Brand new recipes
- Beer kit tips
- Key information about using and understanding hops
- Five secrets to fermentation
- And much more