The Constitution of the Confederate States

The Constitution of the Confederate States

Hardcover

$9.95
Eligible for FREE SHIPPING
  • Want it by Thursday, October 25  Order now and choose Expedited Shipping during checkout.

Overview

The Constitution of the Confederate States by Applewood Books, Alexander Clayton, Edward Sparrow, Alexandre DeClouet

The Confederate States adopted their Permanent Constitution on March 11, 1861. The original document consisted of five vellum sheets pasted together to form a scroll over twelve feet long. The original document, along with many other documents of the Confederacy, was found at a train station in 1865 by a war-time correspondent, Felix DeFontaine. In 1883, he sold the manuscript to Mrs. George Wymberley Jones DeRenne. In 1939, the DeRenne family sold the document to the University of Georgia, where it now resides.

Product Details

ISBN-13: 9781557091789
Publisher: Applewood Books
Publication date: 07/28/2005
Series: Little Books of Wisdom Series
Pages: 36
Sales rank: 1,273,480
Product dimensions: 4.25(w) x 6.75(h) x 0.34(d)

About the Author

Rhett is often referred to as the "Father of Secession." From South Carolina, he was appointed Chairman of the Confederate Consitution Committee (Permanent Version).

One of the two Alabama framers of the Confederate Constitution.

One of the two Alabama framers of the Confederate Constitution.

One of the two Florida framers of the Confederate Constitution.

One of the two Florida framers of the Confederate Constitution.

One of the two Georgia framers of the Confederate Constitution.

One of the two Georgia framers of the Confederate Constitution.

One of the two Louisiana framers of the Confederate Constitution.

One of the two Louisiana framers of the Confederate Constitution.

One of the two Mississippi framers of the Confederate Constitution.

One of the two South Carolina framers of the Confederate Constitution.

Table of Contents

The Confederate States adopted their Permanent Constitution on March 11, 1861. The original document was found at a train station in 1865 by a war-time correspondent. It was sold to the University of Georgia, where it now resides.

Customer Reviews

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

See All Customer Reviews