Any organization can run this 13-step Self-Assessment Audit to show objectively the real cost of doing things wrong, late or too often. It will work equally well whether your company uses and applies Total Quality principles and practices or not. The audit includes sample self-assessment forms, survey sheets, cost allocation forms and cost analysis checklists so you can get started right away.
Overall it will:
• help focus managers and staff on the way your company does business and treats customers.
• stimulate interest in quality improvement.
• pinpoint the core business processes that offer most room for improvement.
• describe Quality problems in monetary terms - useful for future planning and decision-making.
• provide an index of your effectiveness in getting tasks/processes done 'right first time'.
•dramatically reduce waste, delays, mistakes (and the costs associated with them).
•increase customer satisfaction levels and improve customer retention levels.
• help to prioritise future improvement projects and clarify future business strategy decisions.
• stimulate competitiveness and innovation, and reduce product/service development times.
•increase profitability - often in a few months.