The Creative Professional's Guide to Money teaches creatives everything they need to know about the financial side of running a creative business.
Creatives - which include anyone promoting their own creative services (designers, copywriters, photographers, illustrators, interior designers, web designers, and more) - are great at their work, but when it comes to running the financial side of their business, most would rather not talk about it. This book focuses on proven techniques and resources used by a wide range of successful creatives to manage their business finances. Expert advisers are interviewed on topics such as accounting, taxes, contracts and financial planning. Using examples, case studies, and real-life stories from actual creatives, this book addresses:
- How to build the financial structure of a creative business from the ground up
- How to set up and achieve long-term financial goals and plan for a prosperous retirement
- Common financial mistakes small business owners make and how to avoid them
- How to handle taxes and insurance
- How to perform day-to-day accounting tasks
- How to create a budget and adhere to it
- What to charge for work and how to determine a profit margin
- How to talk about money with clients and prospects
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Ilise Benun is the co-founder of Marketing Mentor, as well as an author and national speaker. Her books include The Designer's Guide to Marketing and Pricing, Stop Pushing Me Around, Designing Web Sites for Every Audience, and Self-Promotion Online. She has given presentations for national and international trade organizations, including The HOW Design Conference, American Marketing Association, Business Marketing Association, AIGA, Graphic Artists Guild, Registered Graphic Designers of Ontario and NY Designs.