In The CrossRoads Diaries, you will embark on a year-in-the-life journey through the Mekong Delta of South Vietnam. You will journey alongside a combat sailor assigned to the unique Army-Navy battle-seeking unit known as the Mobile Riverine Force.
This book is for:
- veterans, to let them know there is always hope
- those seeking knowledge of what combat situations can create
- young people moving from childhood to adulthood
- combat veterans' significant others seeking insight about their loved ones
- anyone wanting information about one of the most specialized combat units ever to exist
The CrossRoads Diaries is a mixture of narrative, poetry, pictures, Bible scripture musical lyrics, and the innermost feelings of a young man who spent hundreds of hours per month on deadly river operations in Vietnam, engaged in more than 100 firefights, and then came home. He returned for another tour of duty, this time as a minesweeper on the Cua Viet River. Come along with Tom Center on this riveting journey through the Mekong Delta.