Make DB2 UDB EEE work for you!
Practical planning, design, installation, configuration and management techniques -- straight from IBM!
Sample exercises prepare you for IBM's DB2 Certification Course #506: IBM DB2 UDB for Cluster.
International Technical Support Organization.
IBM's DB2 Universal Database Enterprise-Extended Edition (DB2 UDB EEE) is the world's most powerful, scalable, flexible database: simply the best solution for today's gigantic databases, fast queries and business-critical decision support applications. Now, straight from IBM, there's a systematic, hands-on guide to making DB2 UDB EEE work for you: The DB2 Cluster Certification Guide.
This book brings together all the techniques you need to deploy, manage and optimize DB2 UDB EEE -- and if you're pursuing IBM DB2 certification, it's a great guide to passing the DB2 UDB for Cluster Exam (506). Master all this, and more:
- Planning, installation, configuration, database design and implementation.
- Loading and splitting data; using the LOAD and AutoLoader utilities.
- Partitioned databases, nodegroups, table spaces and tables.
- Practical data management: rebalancing, redistributing, backup and recovery.
- Performance/tuning: Join strategies, OLAP features, EXPLAIN tools, monitoring and more.
- DB2 Control Center, Client Configuration Assistant and Command Line Processor.
You'll find practical deployment scenarios, a full chapter on problem determination and error logs, and a complete DB2 UDB for Cluster sample exam. Whether you're a DBA, developer, network administrator or manager, if you want to get the most out of DB2 UDB EEE, get The DB2 Cluster Certification Guide.
|Series:||IBM DB2 Series|
|Edition description:||1 ED|
|Product dimensions:||7.08(w) x 9.26(h) x 1.44(d)|
About the Author
Calene Janacek is DB2 Project Leader for IBM's ITSO in Austin, Texas, and co-author of the DB2 Universal Database Certification Guide.
Dwaine Snow has eight years of experience designing applications for DB2 and its predecessors. He coordinates IBM's DB2 UDB certification and education program.