Derek's little sister wants one of those creepy-looking dolls staring at him from the strange new doll shop in town, and what his sister wants, she gets. Just one problem: the doll maker seems linked to a bunch of mysterious disappearances, and the last thing Derek wants is his sister being next on the doll maker's list.
"...reminds me of the books I grew up with by RL Stine and Christopher Pike. If you loved those, these will be perfect." ~ BookLover
When Derek tells his friends, Martin and Jamie, about the new shop with creepy human-like dolls, they want to see for themselves. That has "bad idea" written all over it, but he takes his friends there anyway.
They meet the mysterious doll maker, who reminds Derek of Dr. Frankenstein, and who brainwashes Martin into buying one of those scary dolls. Derek and Jamie push and pull Martin out of the shop, but something isn't right with their friend. He's shivering all over, and he has no memory of what happened in the shop.
Martin's condition worsens every day, and Derek's sister grows more and more obsessed with her new doll. Derek and Jamie have to find out what's going on, and fast.
"My daughters and I love the 'Weirdville' series! These books are great for kids who enjoy a little spooky reading but not something so scary they can't sleep." ~ A. LeBlanc
EVOLVED PUBLISHING PRESENTS the first book in the "Weirdville" series of spooky-fun adventures. These chapter books are perfect for young readers aged 7-11. [DRM-Free]
Books by Majanka Verstraete:
- Weirdville – Book 1: "The Doll Maker"
- Weirdville – Book 2: "House of Horrors"
- Weirdville – Book 3: "Fright Train"
- Weirdville – Book 4: "Drowning in Fear"
- Weirdville – Book 5: "The Clumsy Magician"
- Weirdville – Book 6: "Grave Error"
- "Valentina and the Haunted Mansion" (1)
- "Valentina and the Whackadoodle Witch" (2)
- "Valentina and the Masked Mummy" (3)
More Great Kids' Books from Evolved Publishing
- The "Balderdash Saga" Series by J.W. Zulauf
- The "Emlyn and the Gremlin" Series by Steff F. Kneff
- The "Sully P. Snooferpoot" Series by Aaron Shaw Ph.D.
- "Thomas and the Tiger Turtle" and "Bella and the Blue Genie" by Jonathan Gould
About the Author
Majanka Verstraete begged her Mom to teach her how to read while she was still in kindergarten. By the time she finished fifth grade, she had read through the entire children’s section of her hometown library.
She wrote her first story when she was seven years old, and hasn’t stopped writing since. With an imagination that never sleeps, and hundreds of possible book characters screaming for her attention, writing is more than a passion for her.