Edgar Allan Poe, the 19th century's most widely read author and poet, is one of America's most renowned storytellers. He rose to popularity during the American Romantic Movement in literature, when feelings of apprehension, terror, and awe were strongly emphasized in writing. Some of his most famous works include the long poem "The Raven" and the short story "The Fall of the House of Usher," both of which support Poe's status as a master of mystery and the macabre. Fans of Edgar Allan Poe, both old and new, will delight in this personal, hardcover journal, which pays homage to the author and his most famous works. Filled with 120 beautifully designed pages and adorned with some of his most famous quotes, this would be the ideal gift for any literature lover or aspiring writer. Not only does it provide a space in which to record original works, but it also acts as inspiration for creativity. Bonus material within the journal includes a short biography of the author and ten unique card stock prints of famous quotes from Poe's speeches, poems and stories.
|Publisher:||Race Point Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.75(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Edgar Allan Poe is credited with having pioneered the short story, having perfected the tale of psychological horror, and having revolutionized modern poetics. The entirety of Poe's body of imaginative work encompasses detective tales, satires, fables, fantasies, science fiction, verse dramas, and some of the most evocative poetry in the English language.
Read an Excerpt
Quotes to include on the cards and in the journal :
- All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.
- Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who only dream by night.
- We loved with a love that was more than love.
- I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.
- There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion.
- I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
- Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
- Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.