The Blood of the Sun, an ancient gemstone that holds the power of the first amüli king, was lost to Jaecrel when Frendyl retrieved it from the Tomb of the Stone. Now, Jae wanders the icy north of Inrugia, determined to follow Frendyl and steal the gem from him—yet not all goes to plan when a group of ekra necromancers capture her.
[Fantasy, Short Story, Middle Grade, Kids 9-13]
Author's Note: This story begins immediately after the conclusion of Frendyl Krune and the Blood of the Sun and contains information that may spoil the events of that book. Therefore, you might want to read Frendyl Krune and the Blood of the Sun before continuing forward.
Frendyl Krune Origins: The Ekrim's Oath by Kira A. McFadden
Evolved Publishing presents the first short story in the middle grade fantasy series "Frendyl Krune Origins." Discover the fantastic world of the Amüli. Perfect for kids 9-13 years old.
Books by Kira A. McFadden:
- Frendyl Krune and the Blood of the Sun (Frendyl Krune - Book 1)
- Frendyl Krune and the Snake Across the Sea (Frendyl Krune - Book 2)
- Frendyl Krune and the Stone Princess (Frendyl Krune - Book 3)
- Frendyl Krune Origins: The Ekrim's Oath (Frendyl Krune Origins - 1)
- Frendyl Krune Origins: The Sandstone Script (Frendyl Krune Origins - 2)
- Frendyl Krune Origins: Their Pretty Bones (Frendyl Krune Origins - 3)
- The Soulbound Curse (Soulbound - Book 1)
- Soulbound Origins: The Crow Prince (Soulbound Origins - 1)
More Great Fantasy from Evolved Publishing:
- Two Moons of Sera by P.K. Tyler
- The Silver Sphere by Michael Dadich
- Dream Warriors by D. Robert Pease
- Wind Catcher by Jeff Altabef and Erynn Altabef
About the Author
I began telling stories before I could put pencil to paper. In the beginning, my tales revolved around princesses and knights, dragons, space ships, and epic battles. For over the last decade, however, my concentration has been solely on the creation and completion of The Soulbound Curse. Since beginning this massive project, I’ve filled notebooks, sketchbooks, and hard drives with pictures, notes, languages, and pages upon pages of drafts for the "Amüli Chronicles," which I expect to someday surpass the 20-book mark.
At the moment, I’m working on the sequel to "The Soulbound Curse," to be called "The Soulless King," in which new characters will appear, old ones will return, and the story of Clae, Marik, Eti, and Lothar will continue. I’m also hard at work on the first of my Middle Grade Fantasy series, "Frendyl Krune and the Blood of the Sun." Plans for more tales from Inrugia are scattered across my desk, such as the Young Adult Fantasy trilogy about Jartia and Christopher, Draemyn Pex’s notebook during the Transition, and the tale of Lothar and Marac in the Pre-Transition Era.
I live in Loveland, CO, with my beloved Micahl and two Cori catfish.