The structure of the book is very simple, following the 3 key steps of any negotiation:
- Negotiation Preparation,
- Negotiation Meeting(s) and
- Deal Implementation.
Next chapter covers five special topics regarding negotiation:
- The negotiation over the phone
- Ethics in negotiation
- Negotiating with difficult personalities
- Team negotiation
- Top negotiation mistakes
Last chapter is dedicated to some recommendations of further sources of information on the topic of negotiation.
- "The Elite Negotiator is a remarkable and important book on negotiating. The book is comprehensive, practical and rooted in real world experience and examples. I believe anyone for whom negotiation is an important part of his or her work or life will find this of great value. Every important aspect of negotiating is deeply and thoughtfully examined. The assessment of what to consider, the sources of "power", what to do at each stage of a negotiation, and the role of ethics and principles are first-rate."
John E. Pepper Jr - former Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer, Procter & Gamble
- "The Elite Negotiator is a very insightful and well thought through book!"
Dimitri Panayotopoulos - former Vice Chairman & Advisor to the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Procter & Gamble
- "I devoured this book in one single day. The process of preparation, conducting and concluding negotiation is very well explained and easy to read and understand thanks to the seasoning of the content with a lot of humor and many personal experiences. The included toolbox is a true help even for experienced negotiators. A must read for all who want to become Elite Negotiators."
Marc Carena - General Manager Metro Cash & Carry Croatia
- "There are a few great negotiation practitioners out there, who have accumulated enough experience and knowledge to be considered true gurus. From time to time, some of them decide to share their wisdom, for the benefit of others. Among them, a select few have on top the power of synthesis, the insight and the patience required to systematize this wisdom in one book. And maybe one or two have additionally the talent to make it truly addictive. This is what I found in this book: a uniquely captivating reading, packed with practical, well tested advice and easy to use tools which can turn anyone with a working brain into an elite negotiator."
Mihai Barsan - Vicepresident of Marketing URSUS Breweries SA - Romania - Subsidiary of SABMiller plc.
- "Negotiation is a means not an end. We do negotiate from the beginning of our lives all along: crying for food, as Eugeniu mentions in the book, while shopping for the daily basics (food, car, clothes), we negotiate our salaries, rent, the destination of our next vacation and even at what time our children should go to bed. We spend our lives negotiating. Convincing yourself of why to negotiate leads to discovering how to negotiate correctly. This book will give you a deep inside in how to do it and, more important, how to do it properly. By going through this easy reading book, you will learn the techniques of an Elite Negotiator, as Eugeniu is. And I can provide good testimonial of it."
Javier Garcia del Valle - Chief Executive Officer Happy Tour Romania
-"A really exceptional work and a very good read! Easy to take on board, the book is a useful tool for both the specialist and the novice alike."
Scarlett Onica - Psychologist
|Product dimensions:||5.25(w) x 8.00(h) x 0.65(d)|
About the Author
Eugeniu D. Mihai is an awarded trainer of "Negotiation and Influencing Skills" and a Professor of "Business Administration and Finance" at the Romanian International Advertisers Association School of Marketing & Communication.
He also trains various other business courses like:
"Clear Written Communication",
"Effective Oral Communication",
"Holding Effective Presentations",
"People Development for Managers of Others",
"Coaching and Mentoring",
"Train the Trainers",
"Successful presentations to Top Management",
"Leadership for everybody",
"Principle Based Decision Making",
"The art of obtaining discontinuous results"