Temporarily Out of Stock Online
Explore the legacy of Ellis Island via this fascinating collection. Between 1892 and 1924, millions of people from all corners of the globe waited a stone's throw from Lady Liberty, hoping to pass the rigorous inspections that could allow or deny them to set foot on U.S. soil. In this box you'll find more than 25 meticulously reproduced replicas of artifacts documenting the complicated immigration process at the "Island of Hope, Island of Tears." Hold pieces of history as you reflect on the immigrant experience at Ellis Island.
- Boarding card of an immigrant
- Ship passenger list
- Passport of an immigrant
- Ellis Island dining room menu
- Declaration of Intention form
- Landing card
- Steamship company's poster advertisement
- Literacy test
- Photographic portraits of families on Ellis Island
- And much, much more!