- COM and DCOM: quick, easy, hands-on, and totally up-to-date!
- Visual C++ 6, Visual J++ 6, IDL, monikers, and more!
- Threads, ATL 3.0, and other key technologies
- Extensive sample code on the Web
COM and DCOM: quick, easy, hands-on, and totally up-to-date!
- New edition fully updated for Visual C++ 6 and Visual J++ 6!
- Includes an expert introduction to ATL 3.0
- Perfect for every C++ and Java developer who wants to master COM/DCOM!
Every serious Windows programmer needs an in-depth understanding of COM, Microsoft's fundamental technology for Web and distributed systems development. The Essence of COM, Third Edition is a convenient, hands-on workbook designed to make COM easy to understandand comfortable to use.
With expert COM developer and instructor David Platt by your side, you'll walk step by step through every COM technique you need to master. This brand new edition covers Visual C++ 6, Visual J++ 6, and IDL. You'll discover how to source objects; use Automation; work with type libraries; and use custom interfaces, structured storage, reusable custom monikers, and more.
The Essence of COM, Third Edition also includes detailed coverage of DCOMplus an outstanding new chapter on ATL 3.0. Whether you're just starting out with COM and DCOM, or you're ready to deepen your skills, this is your solution: hands-on and complete.
All source code discussed in the book is downloadable from the author's Web site, www.rollthunder.com