The Essential Karate Book is an illustrated, informative guide to the techniques, philosophy and practice of karate
With 20 chapters covering practically every aspect of karate, this in-depth reference will assist students and instructors as they plot their course through karate instruction, benefiting those at all levels. The Essential Karate Book contains 200 diagrams mapping out moves, 300 color photographs, and downloadable video, making it a comprehensive general karate reference for Western audiences.
Readers of this karate guide will learn about:
The Essential Karate Book
- The origins and history of karate
- Required behavior, clothing and etiquette, as well as the fundamentals of karate and the different styles that share them
- Stances, blocks, strikes and kicks
- Preparing your body through warm ups, stretching, and conditioning through karate-specific exercises
- Kata grading and fighting (kumite) techniques and competition rules
- Martial arts weapons (kobudo), and MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) applications
is a must-have for any martial arts enthusiast, from beginners to black belts!