This up-to-date informative and fully illustrated guide provides all the information you need to safeguard your hard-won licence, enhance your employment opportunities and work successfully in the industry.
This book is written by an LGV 1 driver of 19 years’ experience in collaboration with an LGV trainer for the sole purpose of helping newly qualified and returning drivers confidently and safely into work. Readers will find this comprehensive handbook interesting, accessible and user friendly.
Whether you are just starting out in your career, or a returning veteran of the open road, you will find everything you need to support your next step including:
• An overview of the technology you will be expected to use day to day.
• A clear, uncomplicated review of the ever-changing rules and regulations that you are expected to abide by.
• Step by step guides to coupling, vehicle checks, loading and unloading, as well as using digicards and digital tachographs.
• An outline of the different types of trucks, gearboxes, loading equipment and optional technology available.
• Pre-employment examination test paper and answers.
• Useful, multi-scenario first aid advice.