The Europa World Year Book 2012 / Edition 53 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Taylor & Francis
Globally renowned for its accuracy, consistency and reliability, The Europa World Year Book 2012 is your source for detailed country surveys containing the latest analytical, statistical and directory information for over 250 countries and territories.
For more than eighty years since its first publication, the Europa World Year Book has been the premier source of contemporary political and socio-economic analysis for library reference shelves, offering timely information with a global reach.
Brand new content for 2012 includes:
- a new chapter on South Sudan detailing pre- and post-secession political events, and statistical and directory information, and coverage of the ongoing turbulence in West Africa, following military coups in Mali and Guinea-Bissau
- detailed information on the ongoing uprising against the Government of Syria, and the political transition in Egypt, Libya and Tunisia, following the removal from power of their respective heads of state in 2011
- the re-election of Vladimir Putin as President of Russia in March 2012, against a background of large-scale demonstrations in protest at electoral fraud during elections to the federal parliament in December 2011
- coverage of the transfer of power in North Korea to Kim Jong Un, following the death of his father in December 2011, and background information and details of the legislative elections in South Korea in April 2012
- economic and political developments around the sovereign debt crisis in the euro area, including new Governments in Italy and Spain, and details of the international emergency funding plans agreed for Greece.
- new sections focusing on the secessionist territories of Nagornyi Karabakh, Abkhazia, South Ossetia and Transnistria, with essay and directory information on the election of new Presidents in Abkhazia, South Ossetia and Transnistria.
The Europa World Year Book 2012 is also available online as an authoritative and regularly-updated digital resource. For more information, please visit: www.europaworld.com