The Annual Review, produced in association with the Journal of Common Market Studies, covers the key developments in the European Union and its Member States in 1997.
Table of Contents
1. Flexibility, Legitimacy and Identity in Post-Amsterdam Europe: Geoffrey Edwards (University of Cambridge) and Georg Wiessala (de Montfort University, Bedford).
2. Keynote article: Federal Ideals and Constitutional Realities in the Treaty of Amsterdam: Andrew Moravcsik and Kalypso Nicolaidis (Harvard).
3. Governance and Institutions: Richard Corbett MEP.
4. Internal Policy Developments: John Redmond (Birmingham University).
5. External Policy Developments: David Allen and Michael Smith (Loughborough University).
6. Legal Developments: Nigel Foster (Cardiff Law School, University of Wales).
7. Developments in the Economies of the European Union: Andrew Scott (University of Edinburgh).
8. Justice and Home Affairs: Jorg Monar (University of Leicester).
9. Developments in the Member States: Brigid Laffan (University College, Dublin).
10. A Guide to the Documentation of the European Union: Ian Thomson (Cardiff University) and Janet Mather (Manchester Metropolotan University).
11. Chronology of Key Events 1997: Adrian Randall and Georg Wiessala (de Montfort University, Bedford).
12. Books on European Integration: Brian Ardy and Jackie Gower (Thames Valley University).