Get it by Monday, September 25
, Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Same Day delivery in Manhattan. Details
"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness." Dalai Lama
That's easy for the Dalai Lama to saybut for the rest of us, understanding this mysterious, multilayered faith can be very difficult. With this updated and revised edition of the classic Buddhist primer, you can delve into the profound principles of nonviolence, mindfulness, and self-awareness.
From Tibetan Buddhism to Zen, you'll explore the traditions of all branches of Buddhism, including:
- The life of Buddha and his continuing influence throughout the world
- A revealing survey of the definitive Buddhist texts
- What the Sutras say about education, marriage, sex, and death
- Faith-fueled social protest movements in Tibet, Burma, and elsewhere
- Buddhist art, poetry, architecture, calligraphy, and landscaping
- The proven physiological effects of meditation and other Buddhist practices
- The growing impact of Buddhism on modern American culture
|Product dimensions:||7.90(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Arnie Kozak, PhD, is a psychotherapist, clinical assistant professor in psychiatry at the University of Vermont College of Medicine, and workshop leader at the Barre Center for Buddhist Studies, The Copper Beech Institute, and the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health. He is author of Wild Chickens and Petty Tyrants: 108 Metaphors for Mindfulness, The Everything Guide to the Introvert Edge, The Awakened Introvert: Practical Mindfulness Skills for Maximizing Your Strengths and Thriving in a Loud and Crazy World, The Everything Essentials Buddhism Book, and Mindfulness A-Z: 108 Insights for Awakening Now. Arnie has been practicing yoga and meditation for over thirty years and is dedicated to translating the Buddha’s teachings into readily accessible forms. In the long winters of northern Vermont when he’s not working, he rides the frozen slopes on his snowboard. During the short summers, he golfs. During all seasons, you can find him trail running with his dogs in the foothills of the Green Mountains.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews