The Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival Cookbook: Recipes and Behind-the-Scenes Stories from America's Hottest Chefs by Lee Brian Schrager, Julie Mautner
Once a year, the world’s finest and most beloved chefs (and the foodies who love them) converge on Miami’s South Beach for a long weekend of sand, sun, music, and truly extraordinary cuisine. Now, in celebration of the festival’s tenth year, the Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival Cookbook brings the glamour and the flavors of the festival to the home kitchen.
Festival founder and director Lee Brian Schrager takes readers on an unparalleled all-access tour of this event, with movers and shakers of the food world and an all-star cast of chefs, including Guy Fieri, Bobby Flay, Rachael Ray, Tom Colicchio, Thomas Keller, Alice Waters, and Paula Deen. Interviews and insider stories take readers into the tents, private parties, and the very best events—such as Rachael’s Burger Bash, the BubbleQ (champagne and barbecue!), and the Grand Tasting Village on the beach.
Of course, in the book as at the festival, it’s the amazing food that takes center stage. The tastes and smells of SoBe come alive in 100 tantalizing recipes for Drinks, Starters and Small Plates, Barbecue, Burgers, Comfort and Casual Food, Main Courses, and Desserts, including:
· Rachael Ray’s Cubano Burger with Mango–Black Bean Salsa
· Martha Stewart’s Lobster Roll
· Guy Fieri’s All-Star Sausage Steak Sandwich with Guid’s Pickled Hot Veggies
· Alice Waters’s Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
· Jamie Oliver’s Roasted Carrots and Beets with the Juiciest Pork Chops
· Paula Deen’s Double Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake
· Tom Colicchio’s Caramelized Tomato Tarts
· Rick Bayless’s Brava Steak with Lazy Salsa
· Spike Mendelsohn’s Toasted Marshmallow Shake
· Nigella Lawson’s Caramel Croissant Pudding
With a foreword by Anthony Bourdain and peppered with anecdotes and gorgeous photography of South Beach, the Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival Cookbook will transport readers to this exciting celebration Emeril has dubbed “Spring Break for chefs.”
From the Hardcover edition.