Many youngsters dream of becoming a professional footballer. But football is a highly competitive world where only a handful will succeed. Many aspiring soccer players don't know exactly what to expect, or what is required, to make the transition from the amateur world to the 'bright lights' in front of thousands of fans.
The Footballer's Journey maps out the footballer's path with candid insight and no-nonsense advice. It examines the reality of becoming a footballer including the odds of 'making it', how academies really work, the importance of attitude and mindset, and even the value of having a backup plan if things don't quite work out.
Filled with real life stories from current, and former, professionals across different leagues, The Footballer's Journey provides honest guidance and practical tips on what is required to give yourself the best possible chance of turning the dream into a reality.
- How likely a professional career really is
- The importance of sacrifice
- How commitment and focus will pay dividends
- The value of education and having a back-up plan
- Why rejection is not the end of the world, and how disappointment can drive you forwards
|Publisher:||Bennion Kearny Limited|
|Product dimensions:||7.44(w) x 9.69(h) x 0.35(d)|