Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
- Get it by Monday, January 29 , Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Woodworking with Mind, Body, and Senses
What's the secret to producing beautiful furniture that you and your family will treasure for generations? It starts with the fundamentalsthose essential, yet often overlooked principles upon which all of your skills should be based.
In The Foundations of Better Woodworking , craftsman, teacher and noted woodworking author Jeff Miller clearly lays out these basic concepts, helping you understand:
- How proper body position and mechanics improve your ability to cut precise joins, as well as add efficiency and safety.
- Just what it means to cut a line.
- How the wood works, so you can avoid such problems as tear out, splitting and warpingwhether you use hand tools, machinery or both.
- How woodworking tools actually cut and work, so you learn to use them more easily, effectively and accurately.
Follow the advice in this book and you'll build the foundation for making significant advances as a woodworker. Your time in the shop will be more rewarding, and your results more satisfying.
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Jeff Miller is a designer, craftsman, prolific writer, and an active teacher both at his own woodworking school in Chicago, and at furniture schools around the country. His furniture has won numerous awards, has been in shows around the country, and is in the collection of the Chicago History Museum. His book Chairmaking and Design won the Stanley Award for Best How-To Book of 1997 (and his companion video Chairmaking Techniques won best video as well). He has also written the books Beds and Children's Furniture and has contributed chapters to Furniture for All Around the House and Storage Projects for All Around the House for The Taunton Press and is a frequent contributor to Fine Woodworking and now Popular Woodworking magazines.