Generation Z, ranging from tweens to young adults, has enormous spending power; yet it is one of the most challenging generational cohorts for brands to reach. It is projected to be the largest consumer demographic in history, driving a forecast from the HRC Retail Advisory of 40% of all US consumer spending, and another 40% of all consumers in the US, Europe and BRIC by 2020 (Brazil, Russia, India, China), according to other sources. Embodying an unrelenting relationship with information and mobile technology from a young age, Generation Z's ecosystem is infinitely more complex and varied than any generation before. Staying tuned-in to this demographic's impatience, confidence and constantly evolving trends can be daunting for any marketer trying to keep up.
The Gen Z Frequency offers a comprehensive guide for any brand or organization trying to reach this demographic, covering fundamental truths, content creation, engagement strategies and tactics such as social media, experiential, emerging technologies, and much more. It is woven with fascinating case studies and real-world stories from the trenches, plus key insights from leading youth brands and Gen Z themselves. Whether you are new to marketing or a seasoned expert, The Gen Z Frequency is the ultimate resource for tuning in to Generation Z.
|Publisher:||Kogan Page, Ltd.|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||6 MB|
About the Author
Gregg L. Witt is a renowned youth marketing strategist and generational expert, working with brands including Procter&Gamble, Qualcomm and The Walt Disney Company, to develop innovative strategies that connect with Gen Z. He was named a "Top 5 Youth Marketer to Follow" by Inc. Magazine in 2016.
Derek E. Baird is a youth digital strategist and educational technologist, working with leading youth brands and non-profits around the world. He has led digital youth initiatives for high profile media brands including Yahoo!, Facebook, and The Walt Disney Company, where he received the Disney Inventor Award.
Gregg L. Witt is a renowned youth marketing strategist, proven brand builder, and a generational expert. His unique ability to help brands tune into youth culture, stay ahead of trends, and build credibility is what drives value for his clients. Since 2000, Gregg L. Witt has helped global corporations including Autodesk Education, The College Board, Glaceau Vitamin Water, Procter&Gamble, Qualcomm and Walt Disney World, develop innovative strategies that successfully connect with tweens, teens and young adults. He was recently named a "Top 5 youth marketer to follow" by Inc. Magazine, awarded "Best Speaker" at the 2017 Marketing to Gen Z Conference, and is a frequent consumer trends analyst for national and international publications.
Derek E. Baird is a youth digital strategist and educational technologist who has worked with leading youth brands and non-profits around the world. He's published in numerous international journals and led digital youth initiatives for leading media brands including Yahoo!, Facebook, and The Walt Disney Company, where he received the Disney Inventor Award.
Table of Contents
- Chapter - 00: Prologue – What is the Gen Z Frequency?;
- Chapter - 01: Introduction – Are you Tuned In to Gen Z?;
- Chapter - 02: Embracing the Conflicts of Youth Culture;
- Chapter - 03: Gen Z – An Unprecedented Opportunity;
- Chapter - 04: Five Essential Youth Marketing Truths;
- Chapter - 05: Identifying the Right Youth Segments for Your Brand;
- Chapter - 06: Leveraging Youth Culture for Strategy and Innovation;
- Chapter - 07: Developing Youth Marketing Strategies - What Works and Why;
- Chapter - 08: Creating Content That Inspires Gen Z to Act;
- Chapter - 09: Be Where They Are – Key Channels for Gen Z Engagement;
- Chapter - 10: How to Build Community with Gen Z;
- Chapter - 11: Youth Market KPI’s – Determining What Matters Most;
- Chapter - 12: Tuned In or Left Out – Putting the Frequency into Practice;
- Chapter - 13: Epilogue – Stories from the Youth Marketing Trenches;