STRANGE... ASTONISHING... FASCINATING...
An extraordinary collection of weird and wonderful facts and tales from
around the world, including:
- CRAZY ANIMALS, such as the frog the size of a pea, the smoking dog and the “moth whisperer.”
- URBAN LEGENDS, including the Halloween razorblade, the world’s worst burger and the envelope glue cockroach eggs.
- ASTOUNDING NEWS STORIES, like the case of missing false teeth, the Omsk meteorite, and the man who liked to kiss snakes.
- SCIENTIFIC SNIPPETS, for example how to destroy a diamond, the weight of sea water, and the largest gold nugget ever found.
- PECULIAR INVENTIONS, from the Flying Chicken Plane to the Spider Ladder and the amazing User-Operated Amusement Apparatus for Kicking the User’s Buttocks.
- BRIEF HISTORIES, of everything from the Third Reich to the Internet, from Shakespeare to ancient breakfasts and from the Roman Army to the Black Death.
- WEIRD LAWS, such as the bans on advertising balloons, dwarftossing, topless carwashes, getting a moose drunk and the tax on bearded men.
From Mother Goose to Gold Fever, Celebrity Scandals to Cults and Fanatics, and from Wise Thoughts to the World’s Longest... The Giant Bathroom Reader is a veritable cornucopia of useless information.
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.30(d)|
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
The cover pic and title doesn't really do this book justice in my view because actually there's some quality page-turning info contained, some of it quite darkly funny. Value for money - as these things go.
Awesome book!!! It has bite size stories and pieces of information on so many topics - UFOs, history facts, unusual animals, funny stories, weird stuff, inventions, and more. Very interesting!