The latest information about estrogen, the body's enlivening powerhouse hormone.
Why is estrogen crucialand so misunderstood? How do I know if my estrogen level is “normal”? What is the best treatment for a hormonal imbalance? How does estrogen impact my reproductive cycle? Is hormone replacement therapy right for me? Is it only useful at menopause? How can I be my best, healthiest self now and in the future?
Understanding estrogenits function and interplay with all your other hormones and body systemsis key to a healthy, vibrant life. But far too many women remain unaware of the benefits of estrogen, and how it can be supplemented in natural, bioidentical form.
This book, written by an expert in the field of OB-GYN and integrative medicine, offers an authoritative yet accessible approach to hormonal health. In The Good News About Estrogen, Dr. Uzzi Reiss draws upon the most up-to-date scientific research, as well as women’s stories from his decades of practice, to explain:
- How hormonesand your levels of estrogenchange over time, and what you can do to achieve balance naturally or with hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
- The good news about estrogenhow it can enhance energy, sexuality, and memory; alleviate premenstrual syndrome (PMS) or the side effects of menopause; help fight weight gain, anxiety, depression, and more.
- Bioidentical hormoneswhy they are safe and crucial to your well-being at any age or stage, and how to choose which treatment plan is right for you.
- How your everyday habitswhat you eat, drink, wear, and breathecan affect hormonal health, and which small lifestyle changes can make a big difference.
- Nutrition and exerciselearn how each works hand-in-hand with hormones and can help you to achieve maximum physical and emotional fitness, promote bone health, prevent cardiovascular disease, and boost brain power.
|Publisher:||St. Martin''s Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||6.30(w) x 9.40(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
Uzzi Reiss, M.D. has practiced nutrition and hormone-based gynecology since 1980. In 1982, he was the first doctor to open a PMS health clinic and in 1997, he opened the popular Beverly Hills Anti-Aging Center. He speaks widely to physicians and academics throughout the world, attesting to how these approaches have bettered the wellbeing of the thousands of women whom he has treated.
Uzzi is the author of Natural Hormone Balance for Women, The Natural Superwoman, How to Make a Pregnant Woman Happy, and How to Make a New Mother Happy. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
Billie Fitzpatrick has written numerous New York Times and international bestsellers, and specializes in working closely with expert authors, including medical doctors, psychologists, neuroscientists, nutritionists, fitness and wellness professionals, elite athletes, and other celebrities.
Billie's cowritten books include Chastity Bono's Family Outing, Wendy Suzuki's Healthy Brain, Happy Life: A Personal Program to to Activate Your Brain and Do Everything Better, and Tosca Reno's The Start Here Diet: Three Simple Steps That Helped Me Transition from Fat to Slim...for Life.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: ESTROGEN: YOUR BRAIN AND BODY’S CONDUCTOR
Chapter One: Your Body and Brain on Estrogen
Chapter Two: Estrogen is Not the Enemy
Chapter Three: The Interplay of Other Hormones
PART TWO: ESTROGEN FALL OUT
Chapter Four: When Estrogen Declines: The Cascade Effect
Chapter Five: The Truth about Estrogen and Breast Cancer
PART THREE: GETTING WHAT YOU NEED FOR YOUR BEST SELF
Chapter Six: Pulling It All Together
Chapter Seven: Building Your Body with Food
Chapter Eight: A Four-Week Meal Plan
Chapter Nine: Just a Little Exercise to Keep You Lively
Chapter Ten: Burn the Bra and Other Words of Wisdom