The Great Holiday Slow Cooker Book: 32 Easy, Delicious Recipes Worth Celebrating in Every Size of Machine by Bruce Weinstein, Mark Scarbrough
Love your slow cooker for easy weeknight meals? The authors of The Great American Slow Cooker Book show it’s a lifesaver during the holidays, too!
From the authors of The Great American Slow Cooker Book, here are 32 all-new recipes that harness this kitchen appliance’s unique power to feed a crowd effortlessly. Best of all, each recipe features ingredient lists scaled for every size of slow cooker, from small 3-quarts to large 8-quarts.
This collection includes recipes for every holiday moment:
• Wake Up for the Big Day: Thanksgiving Morning Porridge; Blackberry Streusel Coffee Cake; Onion and Apple Strata with Cranberry Nut Bread; Marmalade French Toast; Brandied Cranberry Applesauce
• Holiday Soups: Cream of Artichoke Soup; Celery Root Soup; Honeyed Pear Soup; Deli-Perfect Chicken Soup
• Main Course Celebrations: Short Ribs Braised with Brandy and Cream; Beer-Braised Chili; Sauerbraten-Style Brisket; Corned Beef and Cabbage with Horseradish Sauce; Cider-Braised Ham; Pear-Stuffed Chicken Thighs Wrapped in Bacon; Coq Au Vin with Carrots and Onions; Turkey Breast with Classic Gravy; Turkey and Sweet Potato Hash; Capon Braised with Pine Nuts and Raisins; Lobster Tails in Vanilla Butter; Mussels with Apples and Brandy; Oyster Dressing; Shrimp Gumbo
• Vegetable Sides and Mains: Vegetable Tzimmes; Apple and Chestnut Dressing; Corn on the Cob; Braised Sweet Potatoes; Orange-Glazed Carrots with Pecans
• Desserts: Pumpkin Pudding; White Chocolate Pot de Crème; Steamed Christmas Cake; Pear Brown Betty
Even when you’re playing host to a crowd, now you can make batches of soup, side dishes, and even spectacular main courses without crowding your oven.