The Harried Housewife's Cookbook is filled with the top 125 most-popular recipes from veteran newspaper columnist, food writer, and media personality, Cynthia O’Connor O’Hara, also known as The Harried Housewife®.
This is the one cookbook you can grab at the last minute to whip up something delicious with on-hand ingredients. Every recipe has been streamlined to cut preparation time without compromising flavor. Filled with old-fashioned recipes modified to fit the busy person's lifestyle, it also includes easy and elegant dishes that are perfect for entertaining. Each recipe has the benefit of having been prepared many times over by countless readers and viewers. It’s these readers and viewers who have given their ultimate seal of approval.
In addition to this treasure of trove of Mom’s best recipes, you’ll find the following:
* Valuable advice, helpful hints, and practical tips to make cooking and entertaining a breeze
* Healthier options such as reduced-sodium broth, low-fat cheese, fat-free half-and-half, etc.
* Timesaving strategies, make-ahead tips, and serving ideas for fun and ease in the kitchen
* Menu suggestions for weeknight suppers, special dinners, holiday celebrations, and more
* Master pantry list along with time necessary for preparation, cooking, and cooling recipes
The author has written articles and developed recipes in a wide variety of areas. She has created retro-style recipes which reflect a simpler time and are ideal for budget-conscious families. She has developed quick and easy recipes for holiday entertaining from Christmas get-togethers to July Fourth celebrations. In addition, she has created kid-friendly recipes for busy families and seasonal recipes that make good use of fresh ingredients.
The author has been a newspaper columnist for 15 years, a television personality with a weekly food segment for seven years, and is the creator of The Harried Housewife Cookbook series.
|Product dimensions:||7.90(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.30(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|