Mysterious screams and terrifying shadows haunt the woods of East Texas—horrors born of deadly secrets.
It's not awkward at all when you're forced on a family vacation with your new stepmother and her young daughter. Reluctantly, Macy Donner agrees to it to please her father. But camping? Even worse.
Beset by ominous weather, power outages, and hulking shadows heralded by terrifying screams from the darkness, Macy realizes that she's their only hope for survival—a thin hope, at best. Although she's learned a thing or two from her monster-hunting friends, she's not equipped for the horrors of the nearby, abandoned haunted house, or for its long-buried secrets—secrets that want to kill her.
EVOLVED PUBLISHING PRESENTS the fourth book in the critically acclaimed, multiple award-winning "Lorestalker" series of horror stories featuring creatures of lore and dark imagination.
BOOKS BY J.P. BARNETT:
- "The Beast of Rose Valley" (Lorestalker - Book 1)
- "The Kraken of Cape Madre" (Lorestalker - Book 2)
- "The Witch of Gray's Point" (Lorestalker - Book 3)
- "The Haunt at Hogg Run" (Lorestalker - Book 4)
- "The Devil of Misty Lake" (Lorestalker- Book 5) [Coming 2021]
- "The Legacy of Rose Valley" (Lorestalker - Book 6) [Coming 2022]
MORE GREAT HORROR FICTION FROM EVOLVED PUBLISHING:
- The "Writer's Block" Series by A.K. Kuykendall
- The "Big Sky Terror" Series by D.W. Hitz
- The "Enigma of Twilight Falls" Series by Mike Robinson
- "The Zombie West Trilogy" by Angela Scott
About the Author
EDITOR: A writer since age six and a professional one since nineteen, my initial editing experience came in the swarms of prose I pumped out into the world, only occasionally into the world of actual magazines, anthologies or e-zines. Soon, as I began selling more regularly, and as publishers took note of my longer works, I began freelance editing. I've edited screenplays, memoirs, novels, children's books and, would you believe it, epic narrative poetry. One of the novels I edited, "Under the Tamarind Tree," was shortlisted among nine others for the 2014 Dundee International Book Prize. A charter member of The Greater Los Angeles Writers Society (GLAWS), I am also the managing editor of the organization's official publication, Literary Landscapes, which features stories, excerpts, articles and poetry (see issues here). In addition, I belong to the editing collective Write For Success, for which I perform manuscript critiques and consultation. As an author, I have published nine novels and almost fifteen short stories.