Mysterious screams and terrifying shadows haunt the woods of East Texas-horrors born of deadly secrets.
- FINALIST: Feathered Quill Book Awards 2021: Mystery/Thriller/Suspense/Horror
- TOP 5 FINALIST: The Kindle Book Review 2021: Horror/Suspense
"...an excellent work of suspenseful horror fiction... I absolutely loved the dialogue and East Texas vibe... definitely recommend The Haunt at Hogg Run for horror fans looking for a fully immersive and spine-tingling experience." ~ Readers' Favorite Book Reviews, K.C. Finn (5 STARS)
It's not awkward at all when you're forced on a family vacation with your new stepmother and her young daughter. Reluctantly, Macy Donner agrees to it to please her father. But camping? Even worse.
Beset by ominous weather, power outages, and hulking shadows heralded by terrifying screams from the darkness, Macy realizes that she's their only hope for survival-a thin hope, at best. Although she's learned a thing or two from her monster-hunting friends, she's not equipped for the horrors of the nearby, abandoned haunted house, or for its long-buried secrets-secrets that want to kill her.
"Themes of love and family bonding, although rare in horror stories, predominate the storyline. With both fantastical and real-life monsters, suspenseful chase sequences, and a brave protagonist, The Haunt at Hogg Run is a real treat for fans of the horror genre." ~ Readers' Favorite Book Reviews, Shrabastee Chakraborty (5 STARS)
EVOLVED PUBLISHING PRESENTS the fourth book in the critically acclaimed, multiple award-winning "Lorestalker" series of horror stories featuring creatures of lore and dark imagination.
BOOKS BY J.P. BARNETT:
- The Beast of Rose Valley (Lorestalker - Book 1)
- The Kraken of Cape Madre (Lorestalker - Book 2)
- The Witch of Gray's Point (Lorestalker - Book 3)
- The Haunt at Hogg Run (Lorestalker - Book 4)
- The Devil of Misty Lake (Lorestalker - Book 5)
- The Legacy of Rose Valley (Lorestalker - Book 6) [Coming 2022]
MORE GREAT HORROR FICTION FROM EVOLVED PUBLISHING:
- The "Enigma of Twilight Falls" Series by Mike Robinson
- The "Big Sky Terror" Series by D.W. Hitz
- The "Call of Destiny" Series by D.M. Earley
- "The Holocaust Engine" Series by David Rike & Stephen Patrick
- The "Writer's Block" Series by A.K. Kuykendall
- "Godsknife: Revolt" by Timothy C. Ward
Related collections and offers
About the Author
EDITOR: A writer since age six and a professional one since nineteen, Mike Robinson's initial editing experience came in the swarms of prose he pumped out into the world, only occasionally into the world of actual magazines, anthologies or e-zines. Soon, as he began selling more regularly, and as publishers took note of his longer works, he began freelance editing. He's edited screenplays, memoirs, novels, children's books and, would you believe it, epic narrative poetry. One of the novels he edited, "Under the Tamarind Tree," was shortlisted among nine others for the 2014 Dundee International Book Prize. A charter member of The Greater Los Angeles Writers Society (GLAWS), he's also the managing editor of the organization's official publication, Literary Landscapes, which features stories, excerpts, articles and poetry (see issues here). In addition, he belongs to the editing collective Write For Success, for which he performs manuscript critiques and consultation. As an author, he has published nine novels and almost fifteen short stories.