Women thrive on connection, and research studies continue to show that we are happier and healthier when we share close connections with other women. In this engaging combination of personal anecdotes, scientific research, and therapeutic advice, you’ll learn
- why connection, communication, and intimacy are the three pillars of healthy friendships.
- how friendship between women leads to longevity, health, happiness, and well-being.
- why some friendships are only for a specific “season or reason.”
- how the Olson Friendship Framework can help you understand the levels of all your friendships from casual to intimate.
- tips for nurturing your current friendships and creating new ones.
Each chapter also includes a list of thought-provoking discussion questions that will help you further examine the heart and soul of your own friendships with women.
The Healing Power of Girlfriends will help you avoid toxic friendships, understand the role expectations play in women’s friendships, and learn how power dynamics can hurt or heal these special relationships.