A classic textbook that has guided generations of students through the intricacies of property valuation, The Income Approach to Property Valuation remains a keen favourite amongst students and teachers alike. This new edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to meet the increasingly international perspectives of modern Real Estate students. The links between theory and practice are clearly demonstrated throughout, with a range of new international case studies and practice-based examples. The Income Approach to Property Valuation teaches readers:
- how to analyse market rents and sales prices to derive market evidence to support an opinion of market value;
- the investment method of valuation and how it is applied in practice;
- how specific legal factors can impact on market value when they interfere with market forces;
- what the market and the profession may consider to be the 'right' methodology in today's market place; and
- how to use spreadsheets in valuation.
This extensively revised new edition is perfect both for students on Real Estate courses worldwide and for professional candidates working towards their final assessment of professional competence (APC) for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, needing to demonstrate a valuation competence at levels 2 and 3.