The Insects : An Outline of Entomology / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
This established textbook continues to provide a comprehensive and stimulating introduction to insects, a group of animals that represent over half of the planet's biological diversity.
- Long awaited second edition of an established and widely adopted text.
- Lots of courses in this important topic.
- "Students wanting a single book to give them the whole picture need look no further" from a review in Nature.
|Product dimensions:||7.26(w) x 9.96(h) x 1.05(d)|
About the Author
Penny Gullan is Reader at the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia.
Peter Cranston is Senior Principle Research Scientist with CSIRO Entomology and Adjunct Professor at the Australian National University. From early 2000, the address of both authors will be the Department of Entomology, University of California, Davis, USA.
Table of Contents
1. The Importance And Diversity Of Insects.
2. External Anatomy.
3. Internal Anatomy And Physiology.
4. Sensory Systems And Behaviour.
6. Insect Development And Life Histories.
7. Insect Systematics: Phylogeny And Evolution.
8. Ground-Dwelling Insects.
9. Aquatic Insects.
10. Insects And Plants.
11. Insect Societies.
12. Insect Predation And Parasitism.
13. Insect Defence.
14. Medical And Veterinary Entomology.
15. Pest Management.
16. Methods In Entomology: Collecting, Preservation, Curation And Identification.
Appendix: A Reference Guide To Orders