- Get it by Thursday, August 24 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Instant answers for your boat handling, navigation, and seamanship questions
The Instant Handbook uses a dynamic new quick-reference format to cover the critical aspects of piloting, seamanship, and boat handling under sail or power more accessibly and effectively than has ever been done before. It puts at your fingertips all the information you need about:
- Boat Handling Under Power--Bob Sweet
- Sail Trim and Rig Tuning--Bill Gladstone
- Using Nautical Charts--Bob Sweet
- Using GPS--Bob Sweet
- Using VHF and SSB Radios--Bob Sweet
- Rules of the Road and Running Light Patterns--Charlie Wing
- Knots, Splices, and Line Handling--Charlie Wing
- Anchoring--Peter Nielsen
- Onboard Weather Forecasting--Bob Sweet
- Heavy Weather Sailing--John Rousmaniere
- Diesel Engine Care and Repair--Nigel Calder
- Emergencies On Board--John Rousmaniere
- Emergency First Aid On Board--Richard Clinchy
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||7.20(w) x 10.00(h) x 0.47(d)|
About the Author
John Rousmaniere is the author of The Annapolis Book of
Seamanship and a dozen other nautical books.
author of GPS for Mariners and The Weekend Navigator, is the national education coordinator for the United States Power
Charlie Wing is the author of Get Your Captain’s
License and other boating books.
Nigel Calder, author of
Boatowner’s Mechanical Electrical Manual, among other titles, is acknowledged as the world’s foremost writer on technical boating topics.
Bill Gladstone is the director of education for North Sails and has been teaching sailing for more than
Richard Clinchy, an emergency medical technician for more than 40 years, is a paramedic, a member of the
National Association of EMS Physicians, and past chief of the
U. S. Coast Guard Auxiliary’s Department of Education.
Peter Nielsen is the editor of SAIL magazine and the author of Sailpower.