We all have dreams, big and small, but how do we overcome our fears to make them happen? They could fail. People might laugh, resist, or . . . love them. We won’t know until we try. How do we summon the courage to try new things to make things better, for ourselves and for others? Whether you are leading an organization or looking to make a personal change, The Journal of Not Knowing will guide you through a mission of self-discovery.
The journal offers a companion workbook to The Journey of Not Knowing: How 21st Century Leaders Can Chart a Course Where There Is None. To be used with the Journey book or by itself, the workbook contains provocative questions, exercises, and other tools to explore how you go about navigating the unknown, deal with risk, and work through your fears to pusue your dreams.
Based on many years of experience with The Journey of Not Knowing program participants, the Journal will allow you to work alone or with others to answer key questions to explore and create a plan to tackle:
- Your relationship with the unknown.
- How you handle not knowing whether your ideas will turn out, including how people will react to them.
- How discomfort with uncertainty shows up in your life and gets in the way of trying new ideas and behaviors.
- How you can get comfortable with the discomfort of the risk.
- How to avoid sabotaging yourself with defensive behaviors.
- Finding a purpose to fuel your travel through discomfort on the way to building a better future.