Do you ever wish you had an identical twin?
I bet you think it would be like having a built-in best friend.
You might imagine that the two of you would spend all of your time together, finish each other's sentences, and share a special, secret bond that only the two of you can truly understand.
For me, the reality of being a twin is far removed from that wonderful fantasy.
Despite our almost identical appearances, Nixie is better than me at everything. She is the smart one, the pretty one, the athletic one, the one with the magnetic personality, the witty one... the list goes on and on.
I have gotten used to it, but that doesn't mean I like it.
A couple of years ago, I moved down to the Florida Keys because I wanted to escape from my sister's shadow and begin building a life of my own. I think I have done a great job of it, too.
When a tragic twist of fate suddenly pulls me back into Nixie's shining orbit, I feel like my newly found confidence and autonomous lifestyle are at risk.
Am I ever going to find someone who will choose me over my twin?
You can take a peek inside my diary today to find out.
About the Author
Ann Omasta is a USA Today bestselling author.
Ann’s Top Ten list of likes, dislikes, and oddities:
- I despise whipped cream. There, I admitted it in writing. Let the ridiculing begin.
- Even though I have lived as far south as Key Largo, Florida, and as far north as Maine, I landed in the middle.
- If I don't make a conscious effort not to, I will drink nothing but tea morning, noon, and night. Hot tea, sweet tea, green tea––I love it all.
- There doesn't seem to be much in life that is better than coming home to a couple of big dogs who are overjoyed to see me. My other family members usually show significantly less enthusiasm about my return.
- Singing in my bestest, loudest voice does not make my family put on their happy faces. This includes the big, loving dogs referenced above.
- Yes, I am aware that bestest is not a word.
- Dorothy was right. There's no place like home.
- All of the numerous bottles in my shower must be lined up with their labels facing out. It makes me feel a little like Julia Roberts' mean husband from the movie Sleeping with the Enemy, but I can't seem to control this particular quirk.
- I love, love, love finding a great bargain!
- Did I mention that I hate whipped cream? It makes my stomach churn to look at it, touch it, smell it, or even think about it. Great––now I'm thinking about it. Ick!
** I would LOVE to send you a free copy of my novella, Aloha, Baby! Visit annomasta.com for details. **
Stay up-to-date on new releases and insider info by liking / following Ann:
- Facebook: facebook.com/annomasta
- Goodreads: goodreads.com/annomasta
- Bookbub: bookbub.com/authors/ann-omasta
- Website: annomasta.com