Inspire kids to choose the social causes they care about and take action themselves. Compelling, empowering, and packed with information, The Kid’s Guide to Social Action is the ultimate guide for kids who want to make a difference in the world.
First published in 1991, this book has helped thousands of young people get involved, get noticed, and get results. It has won awards from Parenting Magazine (“Outstanding Children’s Book, Reading-Magic Awards”) and the American Library Association (“Best of the Best for Children”). And now it’s even better.
• Step-by-step instructions show how to write letters, do interviews, make speeches, take surveys, raise funds, get media coverage, and more
• Real stories about real kids who are doing great things let readers know they’re not too young to solve problems in their neighborhood, community, and nation
• 25 reproducible forms make it easy to circulate petitions, initiate proclamations, and prepare news releases
• Ideas for working with government, including tips for lobbying local, state, and federal lawmakers, and for using social action skills with the courts
• Resources point the way toward government offices, groups, organizations, Web sites, and books.
Designed for kids to use on their own, this creative book is also ideal for schools, clubs, groups, troops, and youth organizations.
|Publisher:||Free Spirit Publishing, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||10.80(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.60(d)|
|Age Range:||10 - 17 Years|
About the Author
Barbara A. Lewis is a former public school teacher and sought-after speaker. She has received many awards for excellence in writing, teaching, and leading youth in service projects and social action. She and her students were honored for community contributions by President Clinton and have been featured nationally in many magazines and newspapers, in The Congressional Record, and on television. Barbara’s books also include What Do You Stand For? (For Kids and For Teens), Kids with Courage, The Teen Guide to Global Action, and The Kid’s Guide to Service Projects. She lives in Park City, Utah.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This book changed the way I teach. I love the blank student pages. They can be copied and made available for student projects. An excellent book