The Legal, Ethical and International Environment of Business / Edition 3 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- West Group
This legal environment text offers balanced coverage of private law and public law. To illustrate the legal points covered, it integrates cases in the language of the court into each chapter. Strong ethical coverage helps students understand the need for responsible decisions.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
Table of Contents
Unit 1: INTRODUCTION.
1. Basics of the Law.
2. Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility.
3. The Judicial System and Litigation.
4. Alternative Dispute Resolution Procedures.
5. The Constitution and the Regulation of Business.
6. Administrative Agencies and the Regulation of Business.
7. The Regulation of Business Through Criminal Law.
Unit 2: BUSINESS AND PRIVATE LAW.
9. Contract Formation.
10. Contract Defenses and Remedies.
11. Sales Law and Product Liability.
12. Negotiable Instruments and Secured Transactions.
13. International Business Law.
14. Rights of Consumers, Debtors, and Creditors.
15. Consumer Protection.
16. Property Law and Intellectual Property and Computer Law.
Unit 3: BUSINESS FORMATION.
17. Agency Law and Private Employment Law.
18. Business Enterprises: Noncorporate Business Entities.
19. Corporate Law and Franchising Law.
Unit 4: BUSINESS AND GOVERNMENT REGULATION.
20. Securities Law.
21. Antitrust Law.
22. Legislative Control over Labor and Labor Relations.
23. Employment Law and Equal Opportunity.
24. Environmental Law. Appendices.