A collection of essays based on The Pain Companion Blog that offers insights, meditations, and sage advice on living with chronic pain: how to avoid becoming its emotional hostage, how to find healthy responses to its demands and to our own needs, and how to find a route back into the fullness of life on a path of greater well being.
|Publisher:||Any Road Press|
|Product dimensions:||5.25(w) x 8.00(h) x 0.38(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Life on Planet Pain
2. You Can't Be in Pain That Long...Can You?
3. When Pain Feels More Real Than You Do
4. The Spiritual Practice of Living with Pain
5. Giving Pain a Voice
6. Are We Really Alone in Our Pain?
7. When Practitioners Don't See Our Pain
8. Making a Pain Diary Work for You
9. Don't Put Your Life on Hold
10. The Lone Wolf in Pain
11. Staying Visible in the Realms of Pain
12. Living with Chronic Pain is a Full Time Job
13. Don't Try to Fix Me
14. Healing is for the Birds
15. Making Our Journey a Thing of Beauty
16. Losing and Finding Ourselves in Pain
17. The Stories We Tell
18. Writing Through Pain to See the Self
19. When Magical Thinking is Not Enough
20 Truth as a Door to Deep Healing
21 Is Pain Pointing Toward Life?
22 The Myth of the Holy Grail
23 A Different Kind of Animal
24 The Light at the Center of Pain
25 Making Peace with Pain
List of Illustrations
About the Author
Other Books by Sarah Anne Shockley