Raising a daughter today can be more challenging and more rewarding than ever before. Parents want to encourage their daughters to take full advantage of the exciting range of new opportunities open to them in school, sports, and future careers, and at the same time acknowledge what is unique and feminine about them. THE LITTLE GIRL BOOK is the first book to guide parents step-by-step through every period of your daughter's development from birth through the early school years. Organized chronologically, and filled with interviews with parents, teachers, and psychologists, THE LITTLE GIRL BOOK contains important research findings and practical advice on many critical concerns for parents of little girls, including:
* How to provide a non-sexist environment for your daughter
* The myths and facts about girls and aggressiveness, sociability, and intelligence
* Fostering independence and achievement without going overboard
* How to deal with battles over clothing, moodiness, separation anxiety, whining, fussing, and sibling rivalry
* Discovering Dad vs. Identifying with Mom
* Understanding how girls acquire a sense of themselves as female
* Do girls suffer more from math/science anxiety than boys?
* And more
Illuminating, informative, and thoroughly practical, THE LITTLE GIRL BOOK is a celebration of the diversity of today's little girls.
|Publisher:||Random House Publishing Group|
|Edition description:||1st ed|
|Product dimensions:||5.16(w) x 8.00(h) x 0.57(d)|