The power of Lion, at your fingertips. With the new Multi-Touch gestures in Mac OS X Lion, you can swipe, pinch, and tap your way to managing your Mac and organizing your life. Want your pictures to stand out? Grab files off the Mac at home while on the road? Tune out distractions? In this practical hands-on guide to Mac OS X Lion, you learn how to
- Throw away your DVDs: Encode an entire season of your favorite TV shows and manage the episodes from iTunes.
- Stay in touch: Have a video chat with far-off friends with iChat Theatre.
- Captivate your audience: Make a vacation slideshow that doesn’t stink.
- Keep your relatives informed: Build a family website with RapidWeaver.
- Survive the crash: Create an easy and comprehensive backup plan to secure your personal photos, movies, music, and more.
- Express yourself: Write and record podcasts worth listening to.
- Plus many more useful projects—both big and small—to help you do stuff with Mac OS X Lion.
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
If it sports an Apple logo, chances are Scott McNulty has used it. He owns more e-readers than one man should and more books than are sensible. Scott lives in Philadelphia with his wife, Marisa. By day he works at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, and by night he blogs about whatever strikes his fancy at http://blog.blankbaby.com. He has also been known to tweet once or twice under the handle @blankbaby
Table of ContentsChapter 1 Managing Your Mac
Chapter 2 Interacting from a Distance
Chapter 3 Managing Media
Chapter 4 Making Magic
Chapter 5 Getting Productive
Chapter 6 Additional Hardware Required