"Marriages either get better or worse. They never stand still."— Gary Chapman
This workbook is for use alongside the The Marriage You've Always Wanted Small GroupExperience, meant to guide couples in strengthening their marriage in 5 core areas:
- Understanding and expressing love
- Initiating positive change
- Making sex a mutual joy
- Conflict resolution
Each session includes several segments of video content alongside discussion questions to help couples engage the content and apply it to their marriage. The workbook is also packed full of practical tips and devotional content to encourage couples in carrying on the motivation the conference will inspire. A designated area for notes are also included in the workbook.
Organized and outlined according to the progression of the conference events, this workbook allows couples to experience Dr. Chapman’s revolutionary conference in the comfort of their own home—so you can start working on your marriage right away!
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||5.80(w) x 8.70(h) x 0.40(d)|
About the Author
GARY CHAPMAN--author, speaker, counselor--has a passion for people and for helping them form lasting relationships. He is the #1 bestselling author of The 5 Love Languages series and director of Marriage and Family Life Consultants, Inc. Gary travels the world presenting seminars, and his radio programs air on more than 400 stations. For more information visit his website at www.5lovelanguages.com.
Table of Contents
In-Depth Small Group Session Overview
In addition to the below material, daily devotions are included in the Small Group Experience Workbook.
- Overcoming Communication Challenges
- Praying Together
Understanding and Expressing Love
- Expressing Love
- Kind Words
- Humble Words
- Non-Defensive Words
- Present-Tense Words
- Patient Behavior
- Unselfish Behavior
- Loving the Unlovely
Initiating Positive Change
- Changing the Climate of Your Marriage
- Ask God to show you what’s wrong with you
- It is wrong
- Christ paid our penalty
- Accept God’s forgiveness
- Make restitution
- Asking the Right Questions
- How can I help you?
- How can I make your life easier?
- How can I be a better spouse to you?
Making Sex a Mutual Joy
- Creating a Healthy Sex Life
- Misconception 1 – Sexual oneness is automatic
- Misconception 2 – Women should not enjoy sex
- Misconception 3 – Sex is unimportant in marriage
- Addressing sexual Challenges
- Do a Bible study on sex
- Admit, but don’t serve, your feelings
- Creating Sexual Openness
How to Share the Things That Bug You
- Giving Constructive Criticism
- Choose your setting
- Time: After a meal
- Place: Somewhere private
- Feelings of your mate
- Don’t give an overdose
- Couple criticism with compliments
- Making Changes