Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
The essential companion to The Mayo Clinic Diet, this journal will making losing weight just a little bit easier. Full of weight-loss tips, this journal is the perfect place to track what you've eaten, how you've exercised, and the amount of your weight loss.
The Mayo Clinic Diet Journal is the essential companion to The Mayo Clinic Diet. The Mayo Clinic Diet Journal includes:
The Lose It! quick-start section that helps you keep track as you add 5 habits, break 5 habits, and adopt 5 bonus habits.
The Live It! section of the Journal makes losing weight easier as you use this section to follow the Mayo Clinic Healthy Weight Pyramid, record your activity each day, and keep track of your goals.
Also included in this handy Journal are forms to create a weekly shopping list, menus, and places for notes to yourself. Each section includes space for you to reflect on your week, as well as to record your weight loss. Losing weight with The Mayo Clinic Diet just got a little bit easier with help from The Mayo Clinic Diet Journal.
|Publisher:||Da Capo Books|
|Product dimensions:||6.40(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
Mayo Clinic is the first and largest integrated, not-for-profit group practice in the world. Doctors from every medical specialty work together to care for patients, joined by common systems and a philosophy that the needs of the patient come first. Over 3,600 physicians and scientists and 50,000 allied staff work at Mayo, which has sites in Rochester, Minn.; Jacksonville, Fla.; and Scottsdale/Phoenix, Ariz. Collectively, Mayo Clinic treats more than 500,000 patients a year. For more than 100 years, millions of people from all walks of life have found answers at Mayo Clinic. Mayo Clinic works with many insurance companies, does not require a physician referral in most cases and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
Read an Excerpt
• 39 year old divorced mother of three (15, 10, and 9)
• Lost 50+ lbs using the "Live It" phase (only)
• Has kept it off for 8 years
• Weight loss led to a career as a yoga instructor. She now feels very passionate about reaching out to others to encourage wellness through yoga.
• Now works at Mayo Clinic in the employee wellness center teaching yoga
• Recent photo of her in the yoga studio:
• 45 year old married with two kids (ages 18 and 22)
• Medical secretary in gynecological surgery at Mayo Clinic
• Lost a total of 62 lbs using the "Lose It" program. Lost 14.8 lbs in the first two weeks, and then continued the same program. Took 8 months to lose 62 lbs and has been maintaining for several months since.
• Still remembers Dr. Hensrud saying "All you need to start this program is a pair of tennis shoes" and has found that to be very true. Liked how it didn't require counting calories or points, eating special things, etc . . .
• Previously, hadn't been very active and hadn't paid much attention to nutrition. Now walks 45-60 min several times per week, and has maintained most of the habits to add and break.
• Didn't think that she would be able to find a "before" picture because she had always avoided photos.
• 43 year old married father of three teenagers.
• Autopsy technician at Mayo Clinic
• Lost a total of 30 lbs using the "Lose It" program (his goal was to lose 25). Lost around 18 lbs at the end of the two week program.
• Said it was easy to learn, wasn't hard to follow.
• Family joined him and supported him. He followed most of the habits, modified some to fit hisschedule/lifestyle.
Jennifer and Don
• Husband and wife team who decided to do the "Lose It" program together.
• Don, 39, and Jennifer, 36, have two kids (17 and 19).
• Jennifer is a quality management coordinator for Mayo Medical Labs.
• Jennifer couldn't remember exactly how much she lost in the first two weeks, but thought it was in the teens (13-19 lbs).
• She and her husband continued with the program and maintained most of the habits. Found it easy to learn and follow, and liked the fact that if they slipped once in awhile, it was very easy to get back on track.
• Jennifer lost a total of about 50 lbs and has been maintaining that for about 6 monhts. Don lost about 35 lbs total and has also been maintaining that.
• Late 40s married mother of two grown children. Now an empty nester.
• Blood and marrow transplant data coordinator at Mayo Clinic.
• Lost a total of 14 lbs using the "Lose It" program and has maintained it for over a year.
• Liked how the program was easy to learn and follow. Found it to be a great education on basic common sense lifestyle habits.