We are going to present (and prove) a number of concepts in this study that are new and even revolutionary to the student of speaking in new tongues. Among these concepts are:
• All men have (passively) spoken in tongues from birth, even before they spoke in their native tongue. This includes non-Christians.
• Speaking in tongues is a natural and normal thing to do.
• People were (actively) speaking in tongues hundreds of years before Christ was born.
• New tongues are not real languages and cannot be understood by any man. They can be understood by God because of His power.
• The believers in Acts Chapter Two were not speaking in new tongues.
• Jesus spoke in new tongues.
• By speaking in new tongues one can commune with God, heal the sick, and raise the dead.
• You can learn to (actively) speak in new tongues, and do it at will.
• Speaking in new tongues is for all intents and purposes gibberish. It is gibberish that only God (by His supernatural power) can understand.
• A spiritual thing is not necessarily a supernatural thing.
• Speaking in new tongues is a "merely spiritual" manifestation as opposed to a supernatural manifestation.
• Speaking in new tongues is not "diversities of tongues".
• "Diversities of tongues" is both a spiritual manifestation and a supernatural manifestation.
• Speaking in tongues is a co-operative effort between the spirit and the soul.
It is estimated that:
• 600 million humans believe in the practice of speaking in tongues.
• As of April 2006, 500 million humans practice speaking in tongues.
• The number of those speaking in tongues has increased 168 million since 1988.
• Denominations that promote speaking in tongues add 20 million converts to their pews each year.
• 100 million Catholics identify with the Charismatic movement and speaking tongues.
• If these statistics are true and continue. By 2025 there could be over 1.14 billion believers who practice speaking in tongues.
Rewrite and Reformat. 4/15/2017