A revealing look at the influences and aspirations of today’s hottest filmmakers A new era has dawned in Hollywood, with a wave of innovative filmmakers redefining the art of big-screen entertainment for modern audiences. Entertainment journalist Josh Horowitz provides an in-depth look at twenty directors on the leading edge through a series of candid interviews.
Horowitz covers a full range of styles and sensibilitiesrevealing both the points of agreement and the sharp distinctions among this eclectic group:
• Kevin Smith’s do-it-yourself aesthetics in Clerks and Chasing Amy
• Michel Gondry’s surreal dreamscapes in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
• Trey Parker’s love of fart jokes in South Park
• How Jon Favreau’s teenage obsession with Dungeons & Dragons helped make Swingers
• Todd Philips’ journey from documentary filmmaker to box-office success with Old School
|Publisher:||Penguin Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||5.22(w) x 7.90(h) x 0.69(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
About the Author
JOSH HOROWITZ is a writer and television producer. He has contributed to Us Weekly, Entertainment Weekly, and been a producer for Charlie Rose, CNBC, Fox News, and McEnroe.