Why is it so difficult to change our beliefs and behaviors even when we know they no longer serve us? How can certain individuals reverse "incurable" disease while others suffer the effects of childhood wounds despite years of therapy? How is it that the centenarians make up the fastest-growing segment of the U.S. population—even though the majority of people over the age of 100 rarely visit their doctors?
When Dr. Mario Martinez began his career in clinical neuropsychology, he was determined to find the answers to baffling questions like these. With The MindBody Code, he shares the rewards of an investigation that has spanned generations and cultures to reveal the most effective methods for initiating deep and lasting change—and the empowering new science of biocognition that substantiates their results.
Far from a quick-fix approach, The MindBody Code will challenge you to embrace a bold paradigm for health and wellbeing that requires your courage, patience, and commitment. You will not only learn the basics of this cutting-edge science, you will learn to communicate with your body in its own "biosymbolic" language to begin making changes that till this point may have been elusive at best. Through fascinating case studies and practical training in embodying the methodology, Dr. Martinez illuminates:
- The overt and subtle ways our cultural beliefs impact our immune system—and the pathways to healing the archetypal wounds of shame, abandonment, and betrayal
- How to break through the ceilings of abundance that limit prosperity and create the "subcultures of wellness" that will help you reach your full potential
- Lessons from the centenarians—how to transform "aging consciousness" to continually increase your value and competence as you grow older
- Psychospiritual conflicts—getting to the root of challenges often mistaken as psychiatric disorders
Why do so many popular methods of personal transformation fail despite our efforts and intentions? Because they don't address the mindbody code—your body's "operating instructions" for interpreting your world, creating your sense of self, and defining what's really possible for you. The MindBody Code is your key to safely and successfully confront your fears, disillusionment, and learned helplessness with tools that harness the hope, joy, and unconditional love you hold within.
- Explain the overt and subtle ways our cultural beliefs impact our immune system—and the pathways to healing the archetypal wounds of shame, abandonment, and betrayal
- Discuss how to break through the ceilings of abundance that limit prosperity and create the "subcultures of wellness" that will help you reach your full potential
- Utilize lessons from the centenarians—how to transform "aging consciousness" to continually increase your value and competence as you grow older
- Define psychospiritual conflicts—how to get to the root of challenges often mistaken as psychiatric disorders
|Publisher:||Sounds True, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Mario Martinez is a U.S. clinical neuropsychologist who lectures worldwide on how cultural beliefs affect health and longevity. He is the founder of biocognitive science, a new paradigm that investigates the causes of health and the learning of illnesses. More importantly, biocognition identifies complex discoveries of how our cultural beliefs affect our immune, nervous and endocrine systems, and translates them to practical applications. Dr. Martinez has investigated cases of alleged stigmata for the Catholic Church, the BBC and National Geographic. He lives in Montevideo, Uruguay.Dr. Christiane Northrup
Christiane Northrup, MD, a board-certified ob/gyn, is a visionary pioneer, beloved authority in women's health and wellness, and the author of the groundbreaking New York Times bestsellers Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause. Her third book, Mother-Daughter Wisdom, was voted Amazon's #1 book of 2005 (in two categories). In The Secret Pleasures of Menopause and The Secret Pleasures of Menopause Playbook, Dr. Northrup teaches how to experience joy, pleasure, prosperity, fulfillment, and vibrant health. Her children's book, Beautiful Girl, brings her positive message to the youngest of girls. Her books have been translated into 24 languages.
Following a 25-year career in both academic medicine and private practice, Dr. Northrup now devotes her time to inspiring women worldwide to truly flourish on all levels through tapping into their inner wisdom. She does this through speaking engagements, on Facebook, in e-newsletters, on her weekly Hay House internet radio show Flourish!, and in television appearances and specials.
Don't miss Dr. Northrup's cutting-edge information. Follow Dr. Christiane Northrup on Facebook, Twitter, and at drnorthrup.com.
Table of Contents
Foreword Christiane Northrup ix
Chapter 1 The MindBody Code 1
Chapter 2 Archetypal Wounds and Their Healing Fields 21
Chapter 3 Does the Immune System Have Morals? 45
Chapter 4 Guardians of the Heart 67
Chapter 5 Lessons from Centenarians 93
Chapter 6 Abundance Phobia and Reclaiming Your Birthright of Wealth, Health, and Love 119
Chapter 7 Stigmata: How the Mind Wounds and Heals the Body 133
Chapter 8 Forgiveness as Liberation from Self Entrapment 149
Chapter 9 Psychospiritual Conflicts and Their Resolutions 171
Chapter 10 From Wishful Thinking to Sustainable Action 193
Chapter 11 Portals of Synchronicity 217
Chapter 12 Creating Subcultures of Wellness 239
Chapter 13 A Compass for the Private Journey of Self 251
About the Author 303