An inclusive, holistic, evidence-based guide for pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum journeycreated for modern moms by the experts at the Motherly online community.
Pregnancy isn’t just about creating a baby. It’s also about the powerful transformation we go through on the journey to becoming “mama.”
We created The Motherly Guide to Becoming Mama to coach and inspire you each step of the way. This is the pregnancy book we wish we’d had when we first became mothersa mama-centered guide that doesn’t just focus on your baby’s needs, but honors and coaches you through this profound life change.
Here’s the most important thing to remember: you are a phenom, and you are going to rock this.
And you don’t have to do this alone. At your highest highs and your lowest lows, there is a village of professionals and peers to traverse this path with you.
This book won’t bog you down with demands, give you more to be worried about, or tell you what to do. It’s impossible to know exactly what to expect during your pregnancyafter all, you are your own amazing woman with unique dreams, experiences, and needs. Instead, we’ve filled this illustrated guide with the best knowledge, wisdom, and support we have to offer, including:
• Getting pregnantplanning, conception, fertility challenges, and finding the right care provider and birth strategy for you
• Pregnancy month by monthhow to understand, nourish, and support your own body and your baby’s health throughout your pregnancy
• Giving birtheverything you need to feel empowered and prepared through the four stages of labor
• The “fourth trimester”helping you heal, process your experience, and thrive in the super-important and often ignored postpartum period
• Tests and complicationsno scare tactics, no intimidation; just good, well-researched information about the ways you can best prevent and prepare for challenges
• Partners, friends, and familyour best tips for your whole support team
• The many faces of mamaadoption, surrogacy, fostering, and the beautiful variety of motherhood experiences
• Answers to the most common questions mamas have about finances, maternity leave, baby gear, relationships with family, nutrition, fitness, and much more
Whether this is your first baby or your fourth, whether you’re still deciding about pregnancy or have an unplanned baby on the way, becoming mama involves your body, mind, emotions, lifestyle, relationships, schedule, spirituality, worldviewand most of all, your heart.
This is an unprecedented time to embark on the journey of motherhood. You are part of a new generation of women elevating empowerment in all its forms. The Motherly Guide to Becoming Mama was made for youa loving and supportive embrace of your unique motherhood journey in all its power, complexity, and beauty.
|Publisher:||Sounds True, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||7.39(w) x 9.34(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
Jill Koziol is the CEO and cofounder of Motherly. She resides in California. For more, visit mother.ly.
Liz Tenety is the Chief Digital Officer and cofounder of Motherly. She resides just outside of New York City. For more, visit mother.ly.
Diana Spalding, MSN, CNM, is a certified nurse midwife, pediatric nurse, and mother of three. She has BA in anthropology from Emory University and both a BS in nursing and a master’s degree in midwifery from New York University. In addition to caring for thousands of pregnant women, Diana has worked in pediatric oncology, and has served in several professorial and advisory roles in higher education settings. Diana is the Digital Education Editor at Motherly and the founder of Gathered Birth, a motherhood wellness center in Media, PA.