The Mystical City of God is a monumental four-volume history of the life of the Blessed Virgin Mary, as revealed by Our Lady to this 17th century Spanish nun.
Part 1. The Conception
1. Why God Revealed the Life of Mary in These Our Times
2. God's Inscrutable Essence: The Decree of Creation
3. Creation of the Angels and the Fall of lucifer
4. Creation and Fall of Man
5. Propagation of Mankind. Expectation of a Redeemer. Saints Joachim and Anne (The Parents of the Virgin Mary).
6. The Immaculate Conception.
7. The Blessed Birth of Mary Immaculate.
8. The Virgin Mary's Childhood Years.
1. The Virgin Mary's Presentation in the Temple.
2. Instruction Given by the Queen of Heaven Concerning Religious Vows. The Virgin Mary's First Years in the Temple.
3. Of the Virtue of Faith, and How Most Holy Mary Practiced It.
4. Of the Virtue of Hope, and How the Virgin Our Lady Exercised It.
5. Of the Virtue of Charity in the Most Holy Mary, Our Lady.
6. The Trials of the Queen in the Temple and the Death of the Virgin Mary's Parents.
7. The Virgin Mary's Wonderful Espousal With Saint Joseph.
Part 2. The Incarnation and Transfixion
1. The Novena Before the Incarnation of Jesus
2. The Incarnation of the Son of God
3. The Virgin Mary Visits her cousin Elizabeth
1. Saint Joseph resolves to leave his spouse
2. The amiable humility of the Virgin Mary toward Saint Joseph
3. The Virgin Mary and Saint Joseph journey to Bethlehem
4. The birth of Jesus
5. The adoration of the shepards, and the circumcision of Jesus
6. The adoration of the magi
7. The presentation of Jesus in the temple
8. The flight into Egypt
9. The sweet and intimate communications of Jesus and Mary, and the Holy Family returns from Egypt
1. Interior trials of the Virgin Mary, and Jesus in the temple
2. Jesus instructs His mother in the law of grace
3. The continued prayers of Jesus and Mary for mankind
4. The death of Saint Joseph
5. The Blessed Mother offers her Son as victim to the Eternal Father, and Jesus departs from Nazareth
6. The Baptism of Jesus, His fast, and the Virgin Mary's doings during these events
1. The Virgin Mary accompanies Jesus on His journeys
2. The transfiguration of Jesus and His triumphal entry into Jerusalem
3. The last supper
4. The agony in the garden of Gethsemani, and how the Virgin Mary joined therein
5. Jesus is brought before Annas and Caiaphas
6. Jesus is brought before Pilate, the scourging at the pillar, and the crowning with thorns
7. The way of the cross
8. The crucifixion of Jesus
9. The Virgin Mary, the heiress of the merits of Jesus
10. The victory of Jesus Christ over hell
11. The resurrection of Jesus
12. The ascension of Jesus into Heaven
Part 3. The Coronation
1. The Descent of the Holy Ghost, and Mary's intuitive vision of Him
2. Sermon of the apostles. Baptism of the converts. The first mass. Perpetual presence of the Holy Species in Mary.
4. Solicitude of the Virgin Mary for the apostles and the faithful.
5. The Death of Saint Stephen. The creed. Departure of the apostles.
6. The Conversion of Saint Paul
1. The persecution of Herod and the will of God made known to Mary occasion her sojourn in Ephesus.
2. Council of the apostles.
3. The Gospels.
4. The virgin Mary's devotion to the passion of Jesus and to the Holy Eucharist, and how Mary celebrated the Immaculate Conception and other feasts.
5. The Archangel Gabriel brings notice to the Virgin Mary of her approaching death.
6. The glorious transition of the Virgin Mary.
7. The Burial and the assumption of the Virgin Mary.
8. The coronation of the Mother of God.